Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"If you don't like your life, you can change it"

I open with a title that is far more. On the london tube (their equivalent of the subway or t), there is a mass town overhaul to created artwork on the underground. plastered to a few of the walls is a huge poster, with spectacular artwork, that boasts this sentence: "if you don't like your life, you can change it".

Though this doesn't completely accurately represent my viewpoint (as i love my life!), it does summarize my feelings on this, my first, week abroad. I cannot eloquently and decisively put into words how i feel at the moment - i will need some time to match my spontaneity with linguistic integrity - but it has been absolutely amazing. to summarize it now would trivialize it. so i won't.

but i look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. i miss home so much, which surprises even me, since i will be returning to swarms of reporters and drunk italians (VIVA!!!!). but i can't wait to see everybody and sleep in my room in my house with all my friends and family closer than these 3000 miles away.

and yes, i got you all cool stuff.

i will see you soon. be good. and dad, stay out of the PUBS.

-kathi

ps mom, please file that prescription for me. k thanks.

2 comments:

dad said...

Hi Toonie,
Can't wait to see you,the media is still going crazy here with no sign of relief.
Fiesta opened tonight, I was at the Gloucester House for the New Fish Festival-I haven't eaten that much fish since the Good Friday traditional dinner at your great grandmother Julia's house in the 60's. Friday night I will be walking in the procession with Saint Peter
(Tyler will be so jealous)and than on stage. I promise I won't be one of the drunk Italians.
Safe trip home.
Love always,
Dad
P.S.Have you been to any good Pubs lately?

mama said...

My dear Sweetie Pie,
I miss you, too and can't wait to see your wonderful, beautiful face. I know right now, it will be beaming with a huge ear to ear smile! BTW, I like the title of your last entry of this journey's travel log. Sounds like good advice and a good philosophy for life. Yes, it is still crazy here and with Fiesta starting up, it can only go crazier from here. Hurry home and I can't wait to see you.
Love, Mommy
p.s. Made any new friends?