Monday, June 23, 2008

From Angel to Victoria Station

Hi once again from london (by the time i leave this city i swear i'll find an interesting and non generic way of addressing these things!). Anyway, the trip has continued to just keep amazing me by getting better and better. Yesterday was a day filled with rides on the underground to london tower, where i spent the day walking in the steps of hundreds of famous members of history. absolutely beautiful and, don't worry, i took tons of pictures. The afternoon led us to the burough of westminster, where we saw all of london from the London Eye, the largest ferris wheel in the world, with glass capsules. It overlooks the thames and big ben and all of parliament and, well, everything else!

Today meant losing our ways. after an unfortunate split up, i ended up with the other girls at the national gallery. i saw the canvases graced by the brushstrokes of degas, cezanne, monet, manet, van gogh, lautrec, sisley, da vinci, botticelli, raphael, rembrandt and vermeer. to say the least, i was completely hushed by how breathtaking at the collected talent in such a small space. a work of degas was so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes! (all together now, awwwwww).

tonight brings me to the west end to see spamalot. honestly, being short on time, i wish there was more to write right now. the energy that i feel cannot be put into words, but is easily equivalent to the power of a sonic boom! i will fill you in on everything when i get home (as i gather you all presents!!!).

i miss you all and wish you were here. all my love always

kathi

ps. all the pregnancies are being covered over here. Gloucester High was the top story on the bbc the other day - 5 and 6 o clock news. we were also on the front page of london's major newspaper, and a segmant on a popular talk show. we've gone international, unfortunately.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Once again London sounds absolutely amazing I wish I was with you guys, minus going on the London eye, it sent shivers down my spine when I read it.....
When you were listing off the artists I remembered Monet, and how in 3rd grade we painted little squares and assembled them to recreate some of his paintings, remember that? Good old Beeman. Well I don't know about anyone else but I'll keep waiting for updates on your spectacular journey. Have fun.

mama said...

hi honeybun,
I miss you tremendously, but I'm happy you're having fun! Everything sounds wonderful and I do look forward to what you write and tell us about. I hope that someday we can do what we planned once and go to Paris! How about that? Can we?
Be safe, have fun and take lots of pictures!
Love, Mommy

Dani said...

How wonderful your adventure sounds! Wish I was with you. The London
eye sounds a little much for me, however, a wonderful way to see a lot in a short period of time. I can just imagine the National Gallery must have been breathtaking. All the most beautiful paintings the world has seen under one roof. A lovely vision with every step and around every corner. To end the day with Spanalot what could be better. Love, Auntie

mama said...

grandgertyHi Honeybun (and all your other little travel buddies),
I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well and enjoying your trip to London. You kids are wonderful and deserve to have the best adventure ever...which brings me to advise you to all keep close and don't talk to anyone about where you are from. Gloucester has been over-run with all sorts of media coverage about (you guessed it) - the pregnancy pact! It is crazy here and the reporters and photographers are hounding everyone who is young! It's disgusting how they are behaving. If it has made its way over the puddle to England and is being splashed all over the place in London (newspapers, BBC, etc.)I want you kids to watch out for yourselves. You could get rushed for interviews and such. Especially where you are good kids who just graduated; they will relentlessly hound you too. Be safe and take care of each other.
Love, Mommy
I love you and I'm very proud of you!

dad said...

Hi Toon,
I'm thrilled to hear you are having such a great time, cherish every moment.I can't wait to see you and hear all your exciting stories. missed you at breakfast Sunday morning. Stayout of the PUBS, don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Love Dad