Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ello Loves! (the cheesiest/most generic "i'm visiting london" title ever)

Hello there from london. It is about 10 am here on pentonville street in london, england. that's about 5 in the morning for you guys across the pond. I'm not exactly sure what to say in this, but i guess i will make this as short and sweet and predictable as possible.

The trip over was excruciatingly long, considering that i arrived at heathrowe at midnight on home time...but it was about 5 in the morning here. we spent the next three hours taking the train and tube to our hotel. so yes, at our equivalent of 3 in the morning, i was dragging about 50 pounds of luggage through the london underground during their morning rush. then we proceeded to stay up all day. not the greatest choice, but still worth it.

The next day was filled with tourist-y musts; we took an extensive tour of the city, checking out westminster abbey, windsor castle (my new home, i've decided, if dad wants to splurge), and of course, the shopping district around Harrod's. Then we waited for a bus for an hour, one which never showed up (London transportation doesn't seem to agree with us). After arriving home at 11, we decided we were very much in need of some london night life. Our london experience thus took us to the Camden Head around midnight Saturday (London was very much still lively). For my parent's sake, we were very responsible and made good choices. For my friend's info, it was great and i'll tell you about it when i get home!

I'm here. I'm safe. I'm still in one piece. And i love and miss you all. I'll try to stay in touch on this borrowed computer, and hope you are all having half as much fun as me. See you on thursday!

-kathi

5 comments:

dad said...

Hi Toonie,
Glad you made it over safely.Have a great time and enjoy every minute while you are there, you can sleep when you get home. Stay out of the PUBS.
Love,
Dad

Dani said...

Hi Kathi,
So happy that you're enjoying yourself in London. Travel is great! Mom,Nana,your borthers and Dave all say a Big Hello!!! Thanks for your email and your blog is most interesting. When do you go to the Globe and can someone take a photo of you on the stage? Would love to see that one. Have you picked up any interesting phrases you can use on us back here in the states? Lots of LOVE, Auntie

Unknown said...

Kathi!

I miss you!

We're going to have to swap stories when you get back, perhaps over some Salah's Scoops.

PS.
I love that your Dad put PUBS in all caps, because my Dad would have done the same thing.

mama said...

Hi Huneybun,
I am soooo happy to hear that all is great. You must take mama back someday and show me the sights. I really think it will be fun to see the world through your eyes. Be safe, have fun, drink in everything and enjoy!!! London is your kind of town, I suspect. I love you and miss u so much; I can't wait to sit over a cup of tea and hear all your stories
Love you forever, Mama
p.s. saw Willie yesterday - he says "hi"

Chris said...

Hey butt-face. jk. So seems like London is absolutely amazing so far, hope the rest of your trip is equally awesome, and are you only staying in London or are you going elsewhere? And you should really bring me something back too, pretty please? :)